Detailing a Car Cost
How much does detailing a car cost?
Detailing a car is something that can add value to a classic vehicle or simply keep a luxury or cherished model in top order. Prices vary depending upon the level of detailing, the vehicle concerned, and the complexity of the job.
• Your average detailing package, including a full hand wash and wax and cleaning of the interior, can cost from around $60 upwards, depending on the car.
• Bigger vehicles will incur an added charge, and you can expect to pay around $90 to $100 for detailing on a standard SUV.
• Added detailing, with more intricate attention to the interior and so on including a full valet, will typically cost double the price of the standard package. Check with your local service for options.
• You should be paying for a full wash, polish, valet and interior spruce and clean, including dash, at all the above prices.
• Choosing the right package for you is a personal choice, and there are many optional extras that can be bought into the deal.
• A special wax will cost, on average, between $60 and $100 dollars depending on the vehicle. Bear in mind that your location will also influence the price.
• Leather upholstery is a popular choice for specialised attention and can benefit from added care – expect to pay between $50 and $100 for leather cleaning and treatment, depending on the size of the vehicle.
• An interior steam clean is usually offered as an extra, too, and will add at least $80 to the bill.
• Vintage vehicles are a special case and you should seek a firm quotation before taking on the job.
• Use the internet to shop around; run a search for ‘auto detailing’ and look for providers in your local area.
• Check out mobile providers that will come to you rather than you having to take the car to them. Sometimes they can be cheaper than the standard service as they have lower overheads.
• Make sure you know what is included in your package, and check out the cost comparison between a number of different offers.
• Look for special offers and discounts as these are often used as promotional tools.
• Make sure you check the job with the provider present, and are happy with the way the service has been attended to and carried out.