Pool Table Cost
How much does a pool table cost?
One of the most pleasurable additions to a home games room is a pool table, and this is a game that can be played by anyone. If you have the space you will be able to choose between a number of different types of pool table, but bear in mind that costs vary thanks to the quality and style of the table concerned, and the size too.
• With so many different types to choose from finding a general cost for a pool table is not an easy task; for the record, you can have a standard, playable and very sturdy pool table for under $1500 with some discounted models weighing in at under $1000.
• For the more extravagant models – with slate beds and ornate styling – you can find anything from $2000 to $15,000 to spend should you wish, but most decent pool tables come in at anywhere between the aforementioned $1500 and around $4000.
• You will pay for the quality of the materials as well as the shape and style of the furniture; if looks are not important to you consider the plainer, more basic models as they tend to cost the least.
• Bear in mind that any pool table is a heavy item – it will need to be sited carefully and in a viable position.
• A pool table bears very little additional costs when in place, but getting it delivered and installed may be an additional cost: ask your local shop or inquire with an online store as to the cost of delivery and installation.
• Maintenance is not expensive, but you will need to invest in brushes for cleaning the surface; allow around $50 for the proper brush.
• You will also need cues and balls – a set of quality pool balls can be bought for much less than $100, and cues of a decent quality for around $25 each.
• Any additional items such as scoreboards and lights will need to be priced individually.
• Remember that damage to the surface cloth can mean expensive replacement, and the same can be said of the cushions, so treat your pool table with care.
• Make sure that you have enough room around the table to play properly.
• Consider second hand as most pool tables will have been well looked after and cared for and will have plenty of life left in them.
• Look for special offers on show, shop and demonstration items.